Alissa serves as the Organization Development and Training Consultant for Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (JHCP). There she provides leadership and organization development, executive coaching, change management strategies, team building, conflict management techniques, employee engagement resources, and resiliency strategies. Alissa also serves as the Co-Chair for JHCP’s Diversity Council.
Prior to her work at JHCP, she served as the Director of Johns Hopkins’ Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and as the Associate Director of the Howard Community College’s Office of Counseling and Career Services, which she assisted in developing and expanding in 2001. Alissa has taught both undergraduate and graduate courses at various colleges, including University of Baltimore, Howard Community College, University of Maryland, College Park, and University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
A licensed psychologist, she received her Bachelor’s in the field from University of Maryland College Park and her PhD in counseling psychology from University of Tennessee, Knoxville. She is certified to administer and interpret the Myers Briggs Type Indicator, Emotional Quotient Inventory, What Motivates Me Assessment, and is an unconscious bias and corporate culture trainer.
- Organization Development Network
- Maryland Responds Medical Reserve Corps
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP)
- Columbia Pro Cantare
- Wilde Lake High School PTSA
- AFSP Maryland Board of Directors, President, 2012-2016
- AFSP Education Committee, Member, 2011-2016
- Howard County Department of Social Services Advisory Board, Member, 2011-2014
- Executive Alliance – A Catalyst for Women Leaders in Maryland, 2009
- John Hopkins Leadership Development Program, 2013