Margaret has worn many hats in over 20 years in corporate and private markets. She was born in Washington, DC and has made Maryland her home, having been raised in Potomac and attending University of Maryland and Georgetown University. Margaret started her career with Tandy Corporation and after a year served AT&T in a technical PC support role. From there, she took on a variety of roles from product management, sales, product marketing, finance, operations, mergers and acquisitions, and global market management. After 15 years with AT&T, Margaret served as Vice President for CheckFree Corporation in Atlanta, overseeing product management and marketing of their flagship electronic bill payment product. After CheckFree, Margaret entered the healthcare arena with her husband, Victor. They both opened two urgent care centers in Howard County and Margaret served as President and COO of AllCare of Maryland for over 13 years.
She has volunteered and immersed herself within Howard County and the state of Maryland, serving as a Commissioner on the Governor’s Commission for Service & Volunteerism. She has mentored several GT Howard County High School seniors per year while she owned AllCare, focusing on students interested in pursuing studies in the medical arena. In June 2009, Margaret joined the Columbia Foundation as a Board of Trustees member in order to continue her pursuit of serving the diverse needs of the community from a health care perspective.
Margaret serves as a mentor with OhanaHC and her daughter, Bridgette will be joining the organization as a mentor as well. In her spare time, she enjoys listening to music, volunteering for Stop Human Trafficking, and golfing with her family.
- Our Lady of Good Counsel High School Board of Directors, Member
- Columbia Foundation Board of Trustees, Member
- Equal Business Opportunity Commission (EBOC), Member
- Howard Hospital Foundation Board of Directors, Member
- Blossoms of Hope Board of Directors, Member
- Domestic Violence Center Board of Trustees, Member
- BB&T Advisory Board of Trustees, Member
- Howard County Arts Council Board of Trustees, Member
- Maryland Counsel for New Americans, Member
- Howard Hospital Foundation Board of Trustees, Member
- Howard County General Hospital Community Relations Counsel, Member
- Johns Hopkins Medicine, Member
- Leadership Howard County Premier Graduate, 2008